It’s been a pretty productive week and I made a lot of progress with my CNC racing simulator design. I’ve almost finished defining the adjustment systems and limits and I can confidently say it will end up with:
- 4 wheel + shifter depth positions – Standard ± 100 mm
- 6 pedals depth positions – Standard ± 150 mm
- 4 wheel height positions – Standard ± 80 mm
- 4 shifter height positions – Standard ± 80 mm
- 4 pedals height positions – Standard ± 80 mm
- 4 monitor height positions – Standard ± 80 mm
In this image you can appreciate all adjustments but the pedals height that is behind the side of the main structure:
I’m still considering adding a new lowest position for the pedals but it messes with the base so I’m having a hard time with it. I’m also considering shifter-exclusive depth adjustment but I’m not sure it’s worth it. What do you think?
This is still a very early design version with 90% straight lines. I’ll add plenty of curves for a more modern look more like the playDesk 2 has.
There’s a new update to this project: check out Update 4.